In order to increase cyber security in consumers' everyday digital lives in a target group-oriented and practical manner by developing and implementing suitable measures, the Federal Office for Information Security (BSI) is supported by an independent panel of experts, the Digital Consumer Protection Advisory Board.
The panel is made up of representatives from consumer organizations, digital civil society organizations, academia and the digital economy:
- Prof. Dr. Martina Angela Sasse (Ruhr University Bochum),
- Prof. Dr. Martin Schmidt-Kessel (University of Bayreuth),
- Dr. Dennis Romberg (Federation of German Consumer Organizations),
- Helga Zander-Hayat (Consumer Center NRW),
- Jörg Zymnossek (Stiftung Warentest),
- Prof. Dr. Federrath (German Informatics Society),
- Linus Neumann (Chaos Computer Club),
- Dr. Sven Herpig (Stiftung Neue Verantwortung),
- Rebecca Weiß (Bitkom e.V.)
- Philipp Ehmann (eco e.V.)
About the new advisory board, Arne Schönbohm, President of the BSI, said:
"With Digital Consumer Protection, the BSI has gained a new major task. While we can look back on more than twenty years of experience in informing and advising consumers, we have also always taken this path with strong partners at our side. The new BSI Advisory Board, through its interdisciplinarity and the impetus it provides, further anchors this cooperative, holistic approach. IT security must become one of the criteria, for example, when buying consumer products. After all, every device, no matter how small, that is IT-secure ex factory has a positive influence on the overall image of IT security in Germany. I look forward to working with the renowned experts on our Digital Consumer Protection Advisory Board."
Angela Sasse was elected speaker of the advisory board. She heads the Chair of Human-Centred Security at RUB and is Hub Leader of Hub D: Usability of the Cluster of Excellence "CASA: Cyber Security in the Age of Large-Scale Adversaries".
Federal Office for Information Security
P.O. Box 200363
Phone: +49 228 99 9582-5777
Fax: +49 228 99 9582-5455
General note: In case of using gender-assigning attributes we include all those who consider themselves in this gender regardless of their own biological sex.